There is still the slightest chance that our holiday will go forward. We delayed cancelling all the the stuff we could last night and waited to hear the news from today.
Gatwick is officially closed until 8 pm EDT (1am BST). Our plane is supposed to leave at 9: 45 pm tonight. Air Transat is not going to cancel the flight until they know they have nowhere to land so we are likely going to have to go the airport to actually find out if it is off.
The volcanoe is settling down today. A live webcam of the mountain shows the ash is finally starting to die down. This morning the volcanoe looked like this: